Northern Sun Mining Corp. is a public company which trades on the TSXV stock exchange under the symbol NSC (TSXV:NSC). Northern Sun (formerly Liberty Mines Ltd.) has historically focused on the exploration, development and production of nickel and related base metals from its assets in the Shaw Dome, a prospective nickel belt near Timmins, Ontario. The Company owns and operates the only nickel concentrator in the area. Northern Sun’s key assets include:
- A 100% interest in 12,000 ha property located in the Shaw Dome Nickel Belt, which is 25 km southeast of Timmins.
- The Redstone nickel mine and 1500 tpd Redstone Mill;
- The McWatters nickel mine;
- The Hart nickel project;
- A 100% interest in the 6,400 ha Groves nickel copper platinum group metals (“PGM”) project, which is located 20 km southeast of Gogama, Ontario (between Timmins and Sudbury).
- A 100% interest in the 6,200 ha McAra Lake-Ray cobalt nickel copper project, which is located about 120 km southeast of Timmins.